Size :45.0″x 66.1″inches (114.4×168) cm
Material :ALUMINUM COMPOSITE VERSION, ACRYLIC
Here is exactly the depiction of that world as seen through a screen.
With a world-famous ballet performance as a motif, model data of ballerinas are arranged in a succession.
This modeling data, an infinitely copyable modern version of readymade, is depicted as an echo of the American mass production/mass consumption and a symbol of the information-overload society we currently inhabit.
The depiction leans into the high-fidelity reproducibility of data to create a succession of readymades, simulating the movements of an actual ballet performance to extract a scene from single etude with visual continuity.
We use a sequence of scenes instead of reproducing just a single one, in other words a momentary frame plucked from a visual stream just as in “Moment 2017” to bring the existence of data into a tighter focus.
This ensemble drama is reproduced in CRT color as if on a monitor screen using the “Through the Screen” representation described earlier.
The canvas captures an individuality that paradoxically reflects the value concepts of reproducibility of data as a modern replica and continuity of visual images alike.
- From the New World
- The Three Graces
- Four Nudes Descend a Staircae
- La Bayadèr
- At 7’ 09”
- At 5’ 28”
- Uji Bridge Reflection Through The Screen
- Cathode Ray Tube
- Six Rings Through the Screen 2020
- Double Rings Through the Screen 2020
- Holographic Horse Through the Screen 2020
- UNTITLED 2019
- Gold Bird Through the Screen 2019
- Black Bird Through the Screen 2019
- Silver Horse Through the Screen 2018
- Gold Horse Through the Screen 2018
- Hunting Through the Screen 2016
- BLACK SATIN BACKGROUND INK DRIP WHOSE SLEEVES?
- Whose Sleeves? No.2
- Whose Sleeves? No.3
- 30 x 29 THIRTEEN x TWENTYNINE
- TOU SHU KA SHUN
- UNTITLED 2011
- Rose Castle
- Cell by Cell
- Untitled 2016
- Cherry Blossoms
- Twenty-Five Bodhisattvas Descending from Heaven